VACANCY: Training Officer, Kakuma & Kalobyei
We are looking for a self-motivated and outgoing person with excellent skills for training and empowering others to join our team as a Training Officer based in the region of Kakuma and Kalobyei. Are you the one we seek?
WEEE Centre is expanding and will offer services and train various stakeholders on safe e-waste management in Kenya. We are looking for a Training Officer with an ICT background to conduct training programs.
You will work with the Project Manager and collaborate with local community leaders to identify and train local youths. Additionally, you will provide practical and administrative support to relevant departments within the organization.
We offer a versatile and engaging work environment where you will be doing a great difference for a sustainable future. Being pioneers in this business field requires us to do a lot of awareness-raising and guide the general public to suitable solutions for handling their e-waste.
- Develop and maintain a work plan for the Training Centres.
- Develop and maintain lesson plans.
- Perform ICT-training activities in the mobile computer labs (Digitrucks).
- Perform training and awareness-raising on safe e-waste management.
- Participate in the collection and delivery of e-waste to the National E-waste Processing Centre.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Conduct public sensitization programs on safe e-waste management.
- Conduct stakeholder engagement programs, within the area of jurisdiction.
- Dealing with customer queries in a professional manner and reporting according to set routines.
- Guide visitors to the Digitrucks.
- Reach out to partner leads through cold calling, virtual and physical meetings.
- Understanding and complying with WEEE Centre and partners’ policies, practices, and procedures.
- Generate reports on performance.
- Experience in work planning, scheduling, and coordination.
- Good knowledge of the region.
- A proactive person with the ability to meet deadlines and give timely updates.
- Flexible but firm, with interpersonal relationship skills.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and the most common social media platforms.
- Ability to build productive and professional community and business relationships.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to target group.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and principles.
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach, creativity, and commercial awareness.
- At least a Diploma in Education with a focus on ICT or a related field.
- At least two years of experience in training.
- Experience in climate change, waste management, energy, or environmental related issues will be an added advantage.
- Any candidate must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter, with salary expectation, latest on Thursday 10 February 2022, to:
Mark the mail-subject: Training Officer Kakuma, Your name
We look forward to your application!
/Team WEEE Centre