Vacancies & Volunteers
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Type: Full-time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
About WEEE Centre
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Centre (WEEE Centre) offers the services of awareness creation (training) and safe disposal of electrical and electronic waste (e-Waste); in accordance with NEMA waste regulations and WEEE regulations that are protective to both the environment and public health. As a fundamental core value, The WEEE Centre runs an environmentally friendly operation. We are committed to the efficient, safe and conservative disposal of electrical and electronic waste.
About Computer for Schools Kenya
Computers for Schools Kenya (CFSK) is a Non-Governmental, Non-Profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya. We’re located in Mihang’o, Embakasi (off the Eastern by-pass). CFSK seeks to establish an information-rich Kenyan society by facilitating the development and access of information and communication technology infrastructure and capacity in educational and training institutions as well as resource centers. CFSK does this through the sourcing, refurbishment, and distribution of computers and computer accessories to institutions at a nominal fee.
About Circular Innovation Hub
The Circular InnovationHub is a one-stop-shop for Circular Economy Excellence in Africa, inspiring and enabling the transition to a sustainable world. Our mission is to be an active part of fast-tracking the development towards a more circular and sustainable society, by creating a collaborative platform where stakeholders can grow, meet, influence, and be seen.
About this role
You will play a critical role in managing the HR and administrative functions of our group of companies. You will be responsible for managing the organization’s day-to-day HR and administrative tasks. This includes recruitment, performance management, employee relations, and ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for overseeing the procurement and logistics functions of the company as well. You will work closely with the management team to ensure that all HR and administrative policies and procedures are followed and that our employees have the resources and support they need to be successful.
- Recruitment and Onboarding
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies to attract and retain top talent.
- Conduct job interviews and make recommendations for hiring
- Develop and conduct orientation programs for new hires
- Develop and implement performance management systems and processes
- Monitor and evaluate employee performance and provide feedback
- Identify training and development needs and create plans to address them
- Manage employee relations issues, including grievances, disciplinary procedures, and conflict resolution.
- Provide guidance and support to managers on HR policies and procedures
- Foster positive relationships with employees and promote employee engagement
- Legal Compliance
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Maintain accurate employee records and ensure data privacy and protection
- Stay up-to-date with changes in employment laws and regulations
- Manage day-to-day administrative tasks, such as scheduling meetings, arranging travel, and ordering supplies
- Maintain and update employee databases and HR files
- Coordinate and participate in company events and activities
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods
- Oversee the maintenance of company facilities and equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, business management, or in relevant fields
- At least 4 years of practical experience in the HR and admin field
- Experience in implementing and monitoring the compliance of HR systems, policies, and procedures, preferably in the context of an international organization
- Experience in developing HR systems, policies, and procedures
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in supervising a range of staff undertaking administrative duties
- Experienced in the use of MS Office software and its systems
- Good knowledge of the administration process of visas, office licences, etc.
- Good knowledge of all office systems
- Communications and negotiation
- Networking, teamwork, and interpersonal
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili language
- Planning, organization, time management, and coordination
- Organizational awareness and service orientation
- Working under pressure, towards tight deadlines, and working overtime if required
- Working on own initiative with minimum supervision and staying on task
- Working in a multicultural environment
Education & Experience
Skills & Abilities
Deadline 31.03.2023 E-mail: email@example.com